Hi Christian and Everyone,
                                         I'm not sure if you folks were in
this group last year or not, but
if you are interested in using solid catalyst or other methods to make
biodiesel, might I
suggest that you look in the US Patent office website www.uspto.gov . Just
enter "biodiesel"
in the search query box and you should get a wealth of information on the
subject, or enter
any other keyword that is associated with the subject and you will find many
patents with
lots of info that will help you with your questions. I mentioned last year
and possibly the
year before because there was a lot of discussion back then about all of
these things. Search
a little farther back in the archives of this group and you should find some
of these subjects, a
lot of research has already been done by members of this group, and it's
just sitting there waiting to be accessed. The famed "Fox/Ginosaur" process
using a solid catalyst, (which to this date)
hasn't been used commercially, is on Delphion.com. I was lucky enough to
download a copy of
the Fox/Ginosaur patent from the Delphion website before they started
charging a fee to access
the International Patents. It is at best vague and very careful to be as
vague as possible with all
the info in the Patent. The Lockheed Martin Idaho Technologies Company is
the company
that actually owns the Patent and they don't seem to be rushing into
production of biodiesel
with the process so that should tell you that the process probably isn't all
that good ! The
USPTO website has a lot of other more practical info on how to make
biodiesel with an
alternate method, so give it a look and you may find something that will fit
!! US Patent
number 4,695,411 is a process to make biodiesel using "hydrated ethanol",
that is to say
using ethanol with water in it. One problem that is always associated with
using ethanol is,
how obtain ethanol with no water content ! This Patent may not be practical,
I don't know,
but it may be of some help. You can search for millions of things that will
be of help in
all areas of any endeavor.

Good Hunting,
David Cruse