--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "cornfed62" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As long as this is still in the theory stage:  Remember that
ethanol
> is an excellant cleaning solvent.  You will need to pay extra
special
> attention to your 2 cylinder compressor to make sure the essential
> mechanical parts are still being oiled.  The ethanol vapor will
tend
> to wash the cylinder walls clean and also contaminate your
compressor
> crankcase oil.  A thin oil film is necessary to maintain the seal
> between piston rings and cylinder walls.  Once the oil film is
gone,
> the rings will have metal to metal contact with the cylinder walls.
> You may be able able to keep it operation long enough to validate
> your theory.
I hadn't considered that. You are correct. I'll have to give that
some more thought. All others are welcome to contribute, too. Maybe
an in-line oil-mister for Mechanics air wrenches? This is for fuel
purposes, NOT drinking.

> As long as you are using a propane tank in the system.  Have you
> considered using a larger tank.  Using the air comnpressor draw a
> vacuum onto the tank and then use it as a stored energy source.  A
> typical thousand gallon service propane tank with special plumbing
> and valving will retain a good volume of vacuum and then with
special
> valve controls, you can apply it as needed.
I had a 100 pound (20 gallon?) tank in mind, for a cheap version of
a 'slobber-box'. A prototype will have to be done with readily
availble(and real cheap) materials.

Good inputs,
Motie

Monitoring Service trial