Dear Manolo (Rold‡n),

I address you because I figure you speak good spanish, but the invitation is
open for all. I found some other Argentine stuff with good tables, emission
summaries, etc. Thought it might be worth while looking at. The address is as
follows: (IF IT DOESEN«T WORK, TRY WITHOUT THE www.        ... I can«t remember
quite well)

http://www.fing.uncu.edu.ar/extension/conferencias/biodiesel/Diapositivas.pdf

Something else:
I«ve been reading some articles and working out numbers. I made some
preliminary economic tables, based on a 30,000,000 l/yr plant projected in a
magazine article. Seems that nowadays, here in Argentina, BD100 pays off at
industrial scale for soybean oil price up to 330 $/ton. After that, dinodiesel
seems cheaper. For BD20, take that to 320 $/ton. Production costs are about 30
cents, and taxes take it up to 50 or 60 cents (dino diesel is currently sold at
about 60 cents/liter). So... basically if you make it at home (evading taxes,
though working on an *experimental* scale), you make money. Anyway, here it«s
not likely someone will stop you on the highway to see if you have red or
transparent diesel (offroad or not). With this I mean that it«s doubtful anyone
will fine you for producing your BD at home. Anyway, home production is not
THAT cheap unless you use (free) WVO, and can get wholesale prices on MeOH and
lye.

I bought my stuff for my first batch just yesterday: (I«m taking exchange ratio
of 2 pesos = 1 U$S)

MeOH: 1,93 pesos per liter (that«s divided 2 to pass to U$S)... i.e.,
0.965_U$S/l
NaOH: 4,05 pesos per kg (2.025_U$S/kg)
Isopropylic Alcohol: 1.5_U$S/l
Universal indicator (Merck(R)), 100 strips (cut down to 200... ha ha): 15 U$S

Supposedly, wholesale prices are between 30% and 40% of the previously
mentioned prices.

& If you wondered:

Soybean oil: about 320 $/ton
Dino petrodiesel: about 30 U$S/l
Electricity: 0.02_U$S/KWh

Prices might seem cheap. The devaluation which occurred during the past months
has left the U$S standing high.

Results will be coming up... I can«t wait to get started.

Christian

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!