An embarrassment of riches:

Mother Earth Alcohol Fuel -- a guide to the fine points of home
alcohol production, Mother's Alcohol Fuel Seminar
©The Mother Earth News, 1980
Out of print
In 1978 The Mother Earth News research team started studying methods
and distillation processes, testing mash formulas, designing
apparatus, compiling information, converting engines and running
seminars, spending upwards of US$300,000 on the project. This manual
is the result. Full-text online:
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/meToC.html

The Manual for the Home and Farm Production of Alcohol Fuel
by S.W. Mathewson
Ten Speed Press
© Copyright 1980 J.A. Diaz Publications
Out of print
This excellent manual gives you all the information you need to get
going with making your own alcohol fuel. Aimed at small-scale
production, good chapters on fuel theory, everything about
feedstocks, processing, fermentation, yeast, using ethanol,
distillation. Full-text online:
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_manual/manual_ToC.html

"The Compleat Distiller" by Mike Nixon and Mike McCaw, The Amphora
Society, 2001
It may sound like an over-ambitious title, but it's just an accurate
description. It covers everything, it's clearly written,
well-organised, a pleasure to read. The guys on the Distillers
mailing list love it: "One great distilling book! I haven't ever read
a distilling book as complete as this. Everything is covered."
Another: "If you ever have thought about buying just one book on
distillation, this should be that book. If you are a beginner, this
book is perfect. If you have been taught the art by your old pappy
livin' in those there hills, this book is for you. If you are a
master crafter and know everything, this book is for you." Order
online, as a PDF (Acrobat file) or a printed book:
http://www.amphora-society.com/The_Compleat_Distiller/
the_compleat_distiller.html

Building a Home Distillation Apparatus -- A Step by Step Guide, by
Bob Lennon. Detailed online guide, focus on building and operating
the StillMaker still: "does not enter into the domains of
fermentation, recipes for making mash, beer, wine or any other
spirits". Many homebrewers have built this still. Lennon says it
"easily produces 95% ethanol in a single pass". Designed with the aid
of computer programs which modeled continuously operating
fractionating columns and the results were then adjusted to
accommodate a batch processing operation. Now with two versions -- as
well as the internal reflux model, Bob's added a new design for a
reflux column with a top mounted condensor, using a beer keg as the
boiler (the valved reflux model). Online and in Acrobat format, free.
http://www.Moonshine-Still.com

Secrets of Building an Alcohol Producing Still, by Vince Gingery
http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/still/index.html
"Great book!" says distributor Lindsay Publications. "Be independent.
Thumb your nose at the corner gas station. Build a still, and make
fuel." How to take common plumbing parts, copper sheeting, and
standard electrical parts and build a 6 gallon capacity still.
US$12.95.

Makin' It on the Farm -- Alcohol Fuel is the Road to Independence, by
Micki Nellis
http://buffalo-creek-press.com/alcohol.htm
"This book is still in demand after 18 years. Referenced in many
alternative energy guides, how-to books, and in the ATF's own guide
to fuel alcohol. Was used as a textbook in several community
colleges." Buffalo Creek Press US$2.95.

Moonshine Motorfuel -- Practical Fuel-Alcohol Handbook. How to make
it, how to use it! by Tom Hamn
http://www.homemadeautofuel.com/saleltr.html
"Learn simple design concepts for distillation equipment ranging from
the most rudimentary pot still to a 30 gallon-per-hour MONSTROSITY!"
US$19.95 plus $4.87 S&H.

How to produce your own alcohol -- Training manual from Marc Carduso
at Ecogenics. Marc is one of the original biofuellers -- he built a
prize-winning backyard fuel still in the '70s. "One of the most
comprehensive manuals on alcohol production. Learn how to produce
alcohol from organic wastes including cellulose from conventional
crops. Learn how to convert your motors to run on low-proof alcohol."
Also training seminars on alcohol fuel production. Lots more to see
at this interesting site!
http://www.dabney.com/ecogenics/

Alcohol Motor Fuel Cookbook, by Mike Brown -- How to ferment grain
into alcohol and modify carburetors to run on it. One of the
originals, new edition now available. US$20.
http://home.earthlink.net/~dlaw70/alteng.htm#bamfc

Alcohol Distiller's Handbook, by Mike Brown -- covers milling,
mashing, fermentation, distillation, distillers' dried grain and
solubles and laboratory control.  Perfect for personal fuel
self-sufficiency or commercial production. $25
http://home.earthlink.net/~dlaw70/alteng.htm

How To Build A Junkyard Still, by Mike Brown -- be your own motor
fuel magnate. $12.00.
http://home.earthlink.net/~dlaw70/alteng.htm#junkyard

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever