MH -
> Why not the earths moon or mars ?
> ----------------------------------
Kirk -
> What is the gravitational force of the 3 bodies?
>
> What is the velocity of a gas molecule assosciated with a body at that
> distance from the sun?
>
> I believe that is why the 2 lesser bodies have extremely rarified gas
> accumulations compared to earth.
> Not enough gravity to retain the molecules at that temperature.
----------------------------------
MH -
That sounds like the illustration I'm reading in a book called,
"Almost Everyone's Guide to Science"  by John Gribbin with Mary Gribbin.
 Chapter 8 - Winds of change
  discusses Venus, Mars and mostly Earth's atmospheric development
  such as element components, bacteria, photosynthesis,  water, wind, ozone,
  ice, Earth's orbit & tilt (wobbling gyroscope spin varies from 21.8¡-24.4¡
  out of vertical.  Today - 23.4¡ and decreasing in which summers are a little
  cooler and winters a little warmer) and makes mention of John Lovelock's
Gaia, etc.

Another book review:
January 23, 2000, Sunday
  BOOK REVIEW DESK