Hi all

I mentioned this book a week or two ago, and said I'd scan some of
it. I've now scanned a few chapters. I'll post them here, bit by bit,
if anyone's interested. If not, not. But, with oil prices rising
again, the growing nasty mess in Israel, US threats against Iraq and
the Arabs calling for use of the oil weapon, plus a very great deal
of demonising going on in the US since Sept 11, a bit of background
and history might be pertinent right now.

The Seven Sisters

The Great Oil Companies and the World They Made

Anthony Sampson

Hodder and Stoughton, 1975, ISBN 0 340 19427 8

The Seven Sisters (from a phrase first popularised by Italian oil
tycoon Enrico Mattei): Exxon (Esso), Shell, BP, Gulf, Texaco, Mobil,
Socal (Chevron) - plus an eighth, the Compagnie Francaise Des
Pˇtroles (CFP-Total).

Best

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.