I«ve just completed my FIRST BD BATCH!!!!

As small as it may seem, my test batch was as follows:

100 ml WVO
20 ml MeOH
aprox 0,48 g NaOH (measured very unprecisely on a scale)
Initial volume: 120 ml

I mixed the MeOH+NaOH in a 250 ml Erlenmeyer, then poured it into a 150 ml
beaker which contained the WVO (should have done it in inverse order)... mixed
(not for long) while I heated it half of the time on the stove and the rest of
the time on an electric cup warmer (which I know maintains a 250ml Erlenmeyer
of water at 54 ¡C).

RESULTS:
My BD is settling in a 200 ml probe. Up to now, I can distinguish the
pale-golden BD atop (aproximately 99 ml) and a brownish denser glycerine (about
11ml) at the bottom. The BD is translucent but still faintly murky (needs
settling for at least 12 hs).
Final Volume: 110 ml

INCREDIBLE!

Thanks Keith and all!