For those who think that a diesel in the driveway is not the way to go, try
an SVO CHP plant in the basement...all quieted down of course - amazing how
quiet some of these new ones (diesel gensets, CHP units) can be with a full
enclosure, and of course running steady under continuous load means great
economy and emissions profiles..

Have a look at this one....the "zero emissions factory"...well, close to
zero at least! The CHP diesel runs cold pressed rapeseed oil.

http://www.solarfabrik.de/eng/4.htm

Edward Beggs
www.biofuels.ca

on 4/11/02 10:50 PM, Neoteric Biofuels Inc. at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Am excellent use for old 240's they look nice in the driveway, too.
>
> ;-)
>

> Edward Beggs
> www.biofuels.ca
>

> on 4/11/02 10:21 PM, craig reece at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> You could convert a diesel engine to run on SVO (straight vegetable oil)
>> and/or WVO (waste vegetable oil, aka restaurant grease) and run a diesel
>> generator at home, on SVO/WVO to charge your batteries (in conjunction
>> with solar cells and solar hot water heating for both normal hot water
>> and radiant baseboard heat or radiant heating in a concrete slab) *and*
>> capture some of the exhaust heat from the generator for water heating.
>>
>> It has been suggested that a Mercedes 240D (pre-'81 or '82 were
>> non-turbo and thus very simple) could be parked at your house, trunk
>> filled with batteries for most electrical needs in the house, with
>> higher loads being handled by a generator, then capture the exhaust heat
>> for heating water. In N. California you can find running MB 240's for
>> under $1000. VW Rabbits for about the same.
>>
>> Craig Reece
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi, I've been on this list for a few months now and check the posts
>>> every
>>> once in a while. I'm interested in biofuels, but mostly I have a
>>> question for
>>> all of you and I welcome any feedback.
>>>
>>> If you were an average non-technical person in an oil-based society
>>> like the
>>> United States, and you wanted to personally boycott fossil fuel and
>>> especially foreign oil, what would you do? What would be the way that
>>> ONE
>>> person could get off the oil at the lowest cost?  How would you, using
>>>
>>> available technology, power yourself in heat, light, transportation
>>> and
>>> etcetera, without fossil fuels? What would be the steps that you'd
>>> take?
>>>
>>> I would really like to do this. First of all, I'd just like to do it;
>>> but I'd
>>> also like to show other people that it can be done. I KNOW it can be
>>> done, I
>>> just don't know how it can be done.
>>>
>>> Does anyone here have any ideas about this?
>>>
>>> Thanks very much,

>>>                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>>                        [Click Here!]
>>

>>> Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>>> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>>> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
>>> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>
>>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>>

>> Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>> http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
>> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Please do NOT send "unsubscribe" messages to the list address.
> [...]

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM