"Aidan W." wrote:

> The article also states that your storage tanks should be full?  I look
> forward to your feedback.

Storage tanks should always be kept as full as possible to minimize air
space, and the chances of condensation contaminating the fuel with
water.

Storage tanks with a lot of air space in them tend to "grow water".
Particularly the above ground tanks.  As they heat up during the day the
air in the tank expands and exits the tank vents.  Then as they cool
down during the night the air in the tanks contracts and pulls air back
into the vents.  Any excess moisture in the air will condense on the
tank walls, and eventually end up in the fuel.

My experience is with aviation fuel farms, which must be drained of
water every day.  Many above ground fuel farms will drain off anywhere
from a couple of ounces to a couple of gallons every day.

AP
--
Aviation is more than a hobby.  It is more than a job.  It is more than
a career.  Aviation is a way of life.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.