"steve spence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Those who say that ethanol is not net energy positive, never distilled a
>drop.
>
>It is net energy positive. Like anything, it can be done badly.
>
>energy in < energy out.

(snip)

My wife and I visited the Reeves AgriEnergy Company in Garden City KS a few
weeks back.  The spokesman said at the time it took 36,000 purchased BTU's to
make a gallon of anhydrous alcohol and that a gallon of anhydrous alcohol (I
can't remember) somewhere around 70,000 BTU's in it.

He also said they sold anhydrous alcohol for .97 cents (US) a gallon.  This
does not include any road or sales tax.

George

>Steve Spence
>Subscribe to the Renewable Energy Newsletter:
>http://www.webconx.com/subscribe.htm
>
>Renewable Energy Pages - http://www.webconx.dns2go.com/
>Human powered devices, equipment, and transport -
>http://www.webconx.dns2go.com/2000/humanpower.htm
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.