On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 12:12:36PM -0600, kirk wrote:
> [...]

(snip)

> )  These can be air cooled or liquid cooled and in the case of a vehicle the
> fuel cell is usually liquid cooled.  Well... now you need liquid pumps,
> blower

    These also could be -- should be, in fact -- Thermal Electric Generators --
solid state stuff.

> the radiator.  The coolant temperature of an average IC engine running near
> its
> maximum horse power rating can get NO higher than about 250F  ( in an
> average
> cooling system ) before harm starts happening to the engine.

   This isn't true, air-cooled engines regularly run at much higher temps. The
heads on my VW 2.0L engine in my '73 bus run anywhere from 350F-600F, I've got
temp sensors on the heads, and oil, which runs from 200F - 250F. Of course,
that's why air-cooled engines are not nearly as long lasting as liquid cooled.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix

Buy Stock for $4