Andrew wrote:

>       An esky is a cooler type thingies that you place your snags
>and tinnies when you and the missus are on the way to a mates
>barby. It keeps them cool and the flies off, refer here:
>http://www.nylex.com.au/esky/history.htm
>In terms of forgetting things, I also forgot the stump jump plow, the
>Totalisator betting system, the bionic ear, the torpedo, Race cam,
>the ute, the electric drill, the notepad, the black box, ready mix
>concrete and atomic absorption spectroscopy.

Right, got it, thanks - or most of it. But you forgot that totally
essential tool the leg-pull (I'll swallow the ready-mix and the
spectroscope, so to speak, but not the electric drill). It's a
helluva pity South African slang is incomprehensible to anyone else...

>       The wine cask is a cardboard box that contains a plastic
>bladder with a tap/valve arrangement that allows wine out of the
>bladder but not air in, hence the wine does not sour. It comes in 2lt
>and 4lt sizes, or if you are very thirsty, there is always the 10lt Brown
>Brothers cask. If you have any appreciation of wine, you would refer
>to the contents as "cats urine", on the other hand many a teenager
>has a cask of goon, as it is usually referred to, to thank for their first
>"naughty". It was developed in Geelong in about 1965. Actually the
>2lt Yalumba's make good cooking wine, that is if I can keep the wife
>out of it ;)

Right, got that too. Cheapo Cape wine (untranslatable slang,
fortunately) used to come in a half-gallon glass bottle with a wide
mouth to make it easier and a handle you could hook your thumb
through while balancing the bottle on your elbow, which was then
raised steadily. Well, less and less steadily. When you eventually
fell over, breaking the bottle (if not your thumb) you'd take care to
hang onto the neck for subsequent use as a chillum. Good design, with
the customer in mind, very ergonomic. But we didn't claim to have
invented bottles. Cardboard casks, whatever next.

regards

Keith

>       Andrew//*******************************************************\\
>|| "Two things get me out of the water quickly:          ||
>||                             sharks and toilet paper." ||
>||                                       Billy Connelly  ||
>||       Andrew Lowe B.Eng.(Civil) GradIEAust PEng       ||
>|| Wombat High Tech         *|* Eng. App. Programming    ||
>|| [EMAIL PROTECTED]           *|* Melbourne, Australia     ||
>|| www.wht.com.au           *|* C, C++, MDL, Java        ||

Your opinion is very important to us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NOFBfD/uAJEAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM