>One has to note that new chemicals, drugs, GM crops, iffy stuff
>promoted by the big guys does not exactly receive the same treatment.
>What do they call it? - substantive equivalence, or something.

But, if this is what it sounds like.... the idea that new substances
may be taken as somewhat safe and not to be prohibited while some
verification takes place, based on past testing of similar substances,
then why doesn't this biodiesel board get testing of some sort of
standardized biodiesel done, and then all makers can make it, so long
as they conform to some standards.

If we are to maintain credibility and show some good solid adherence
to the Precautionary Principle (oft ignored by many strident
activists) there are certainly ways in which new fuels including
biodiesel might turn out to have unexpected or unintended unhealthful
effects.

But while this may be true, I don't think it's right for testing or
production to get held up on pretext of caution (not out of real
caution).  In any case, surely some sorts of testing have already been
done.

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.