Murdoch wrote:

>What I get out of this is that you're saying it's a project that needs
>doing.

Many people agreed at the time that it was/is.

>I am not sure that I am up to it so I will not volunteer at
>this time.

I wasn't suggesting that you personally take it up. I was wondering
if anyone was willing to. Seems not. Too bad. I'll drop it then.

>That gives me personally a mental list of 2.5:
>
>Posting Weekly Ethanol Pricing (since none is readily available
>anywhere).
>Cleaning up my ethanol page (which I posted because I was tired of the
>helpful messages I saw on HIPC going the way of all chat messages).
>Putting up a clearing-up-biodiesel misconceptions page.
>
>I put up an ethanol page about 6 months ago:
>http://www.herecomesmongo.com/ae/CH3CH2OH.html
>and have since added, above and below, a few of the posts I found
>here.  It is more a place for me to keep things than necessarily
>intended to help others.  It started out as a response to an
>acquaintance of mine.  I don't care if anyone here hates it, but if
>someone has some constructive comment, I suppose that could help.
>
>As to Kerry, he's neither going away, nor is his staff completely
>incompetent to some of these battles (I guess they'd qualify as
>researchers... quasi-reporters... in your scenario

Um, no, I think not, not quasi-reporters. But never mind. He has his
research staff. Anyway, from what you said, they lost the battle
against the diesel-bashers, eh?

Or was it quite that way? In "Why Cafe Failed Fuel Conservation, An
open letter to Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.)" in The Washington Post on
March 18, 2002, Warren Brown said: "It's time for you and your
supporters to end your knee-jerk opposition to all things diesel.
Stop confusing politics with science."
http://www.dieselforum.org/inthenews/washpost_031802.html

This was after Kerry's statement that you referred to. Here are some
references to his getting bashed though:

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/059/nation/Kerry_s_idea_on_diesel_fu
el_irks_environmentalists+.shtml
Boston Globe Online / Nation | World /
Kerry's idea on diesel fuel irks environmentalists

http://www.freep.com/news/nw/fuel28_20020228.htm
Kerry to deal on gas proposal

http://www.sacbee.com/content/opinion/story/2090960p-2423051c.html
The Sacramento Bee, April 7, 2002
Diesel fuel would slash energy use and greenhouse gas

>)...but you're
>probably right that he's taken more heat than he might want and will
>take some more for his stance in diesel (he did point out when he was
>asked to defend his stance.... as to the cleaner nature of Euro
>Diesel).

Or will change his stance on diesel.

>From a political currents point of view, the immediate effect was to
>deflate about 50% of the early momentum he had made for himself, but
>that would also have happened just by most moving on to other issues
>anyway.  For a week or two, he made his energy policy proposals a
>fairly hot topic.
>
>His energy policy positions, in general, reflected a great deal of
>thought and planning and my first reading of them them was a
>stand-up-and-cheer moment for me, with the possible exception of his
>inflexible stance on ANWR where he made clear that he would
>fillibuster any ANWR drilling (I know, I'm not supposed to allow for
>at least discussing ANWR drilling but I do).

Sorry, I don't understand the bit in brackets, what aren't you supposed to do?

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DlIU9C/4m7CAA/Ey.GAA/FGYolB/TM