Hi Randy

Thanks for these links, some new ones there, good. There's been quite
a lot of discussion of this here over the last month or two, I guess
you missed it. Emissions benefits and efficiency benefits. Water
emulsions, and particularly blends of biodiesel and hydrous ethanol,
but we haven't really got a handle on that yet, nor on the relative
advantages and disadvantages of blends vs injection. Or at least I
haven't really got a handle on that. It started with some information
in the French ACREVO study, which found considerable benefits
blending 95% ethanol with rapeseed oil (not biodiesel, unfortunately).

That's here (and lots more in the archives):

http://www.nf-2000.org/secure/Fair/F484.htm
Advanced Combustion Research for Energy from Vegetable Oils (ACREVO)

The overall combustion performance of the rapeseed oil are very
satisfactory in comparison with the diesel fuel while the rapeseed
oil produces almost 40 % less soot than diesel fuel. The different
volatility of this fuel respect to the diesel fuel is responsible of
the different behaviour of the sampled gas concentrations in the base
of the flames while at the end of the flames, both attain almost the
same values. It has been established that an addition of 9 % of ethyl
alcohol (95 %) bring a great benefit regarding the pre-heating oil
temperature. In fact, the presence of alcohol allows a reduction in
the inlet oil temperature from 150 ¡C to 80 ¡C. Moreover, the
combustion of the emulsion produces less soot and, at the exhaust,
the amount is almost one half less than that produced by the
combustion of rapeseed oil.

The EPA lists 23 studies of water emulsions with dino-diesel:

"Following is a list of studies that are being considered for
inclusion in work being done by EPA to assess the effects of
water-fuel emulsions on emissions of oxides of nitrogen (NOx),
hydrocarbons (HC), and particulate matter (PM)."
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/models/analysis/emulsion/emulbibl.pdf

The air-stone page is here, by the way - good results reported with this:
Ron Novak's Do-It-Yourself Water Injection System
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me3.html

There's also info on water injection in the Alcohol Fuel Manual, Chapter 2:
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_manual/manual1-2.html#ch2

Regards

Keith