Hi all.

Can anybody tell me: Can the washing stages use ordinary tap water or do
they necessarily require distilled water?

I might try to run a recycling program for used oil in the city. Many
restaurants sell it at around 15 cents/lt (probably reused as second quelity
oil
 for cheap chinese restaurants and other places), but distilled water
increases costs deamatically if I am to make batches of up to 200 liters and
plan to use the bubble wash method.

Does free chlorine in the water bring any problems?

"Buying" the used oil already makes things expensive, and the pretended
volumes of WVO aren«t big enough to reach wholesale prices for methanol
(Retail methanol costs about 2.5 pesos/lt... imagine it were equivalent to
2.5 dollars/lt, which it is not.. but as salaries  and cost of living have
not changed since the 1peso = 1 dollar times last year, you can assume no
devaluation just to picture the price in terms of % of a salary. If I had
saved dollars, that would roughly be 60 cents of a dollar per liter). To
consider myself in business, at least for small scale production (the
intention is to sell the BD... cheaper than dino diesel of course), I need
to be very careful with costs, and that includes my source of water.

Regards,

Christian

mensaje enviado desde http://www.iespana.es
emails (pop)-paginas web (espacio ilimitado)-agenda-favoritos (bookmarks)-foros
-Chat