Anything going on in East or Mid east.  Im in northern OH.

Anyone in my area doing any biofuel related things?

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], mark fire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll be teaching several classes about making biodiesel fuel in the
Western US in the next few weeks. All of these will include a $4 (for
copy costs!) 35-page handout about making biodiesel, which is
primarily based on info from the JourneytoForever website.

> 1. First, I'll be doing something informal in Missoula Montana on
Thursday afternoon, July 18. Contact me by email (below) and leave
your phone number for me to get you the exact location of workshop.

> 2. I'll be unofficially (ie, I'm not teaching an official workshop
or anything, though I'll have my gear and will be glad to show it off
to people) at SolWest in John Day Oregon, for the Oregon Biodiesel
Meeting on July 27. SolWest is a renewable energy fair happening July
26-28 and a LOT of biodieselers are supposed to be there. It's the
first biodiesel get-together in the western US I think- sounds like a
good event. I imagine a lot of us are going to be there with our
equipment and it'll be a good place to see different people's
processors and methods. I think SolWest has a website but I don't
know it- do a search or something.

> 3. I'll be at the Vashon Island Earth Fair in Washington State on
August 2-4 doing a biodiesel workshop with Mike Pelly. We have very
different processors and it should be good to show off the two
opposite ranges of possibilities (his is very fancy, mine is the
Cheapo Weldless low-tech version) . For more info about the Fair, see
www.islandearthfair.org . I don't know the exact times and days of
the workshop yet.

> 4. I will be teaching a biodiesel class and Capra J'Neva is
teaching an straight vegetable oil fuels class (she's a great teacher
and is very honest about the ups and downs of SVO fuels- gives a good
balanced perspective!) at the All things Organic Festival at the
Mendocino County Fairgrounds in Boonville CA  on August 10. I don't
know the exact times of workshops yet either.

> 5. I will be teaching a four-saturday intensive biodiesel class
very soon through the Ecology Center in Berkeley- either in later
August/September, or in October- I'll post more info very soon.

> 6. I am also teaching biodiesel at (and organizing) the DIY
Skillshare Conference September 26-29 in Berkeley CA. Capra J'Neva is
covering SVO fuels for this four-day workshop.  The conference is at
the Crucible metalwork school on Murray St (just off of San Pablo and
Ashby) . We will also have workshops on solar electric, possibly
methane digesters, solar cooking, possibly alcohol fuels, and 60-80
more free classes. For more info:

> a. we don't have a website cuz we're actually Luddites at heart
>
> b. But we do believe in email lists. Go figure. To subscribe to our
announcement-only list, send a blank email to diyskillshare-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] then you can look at the archives on the yahoogroups
website and see listings of what last year's classes looked like (we
don't have a complete listing for this year yet).

> We are also looking for people to come teach energy and
sustainability related workshops or presentations.

> To contact Skillshare people directly, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> 7. And we are still working on organizing a Biodiesel Homebrewers'
Conference to be held in May of 2003 in the SF Bay Area...  It'll be
three or four days like the Skillshare and it will be either free or
under $20/day, depending on our venue. Email me for more info, or to
come teach or present something. Vendors of biodiesel gear welcome. I
think (I hope I'm right) we'll probably get a webpage on
JourneytoForever soon, once we have more information to post. I am
very much looking for local biodieselers to work on this with, and
looking for suggestions from computer geeks on how to make this
conference somehow inclusive of the 'virtual' biodiesel community.

> For more information, email me at
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> or write me at
>
> Skillshare