I am going to continue to watch their efforts with an open mind.  I am
interested to find out what energy efficiency they are able to realize
in converting the air into motion.  I am also interested to learn the
energy efficiency of compression.  From their web page it would appear
that there is more than one compression scheme (one for home, one for
on the road, though I'm not quite sure what this means).

There is usually one or more pretty severe drawback to each proposed
competitor for the IC engine, and I am aware that range is a drawback
of this proposed car (as it is for batteries).  But I want to see what
they have to say.

The extremist environmentalist case, such as where air really is
virtually unbreathable in certain cities, is one that can be made in
some cities.  From what I understand, for example, Mexico City really
does get very bad when it comes to air pollution, to the point where
some vehicles can only be legally operated on alternate days, and in
the face of such a problem it is perhaps not inappropriate to consider
such engineering compromises as air cars.  Maybe that law is no longer
in place?

This is not to say (of course) that other compromise sollutions, such
as battery-powered vehicles, increased electric-train use, etc. etc.
are not also worth considering.

>they don't :-)
>
>technically, a compressed tank of air runs a "air motor" (steam engine)
>connected to the wheels. unfortunately, you can't carry enough air for a
>reasonable range, and you waste much more energy compressing the air, than
>you get back from it.
>
>for further info, see http://www.howstuffworks.com/question133.htm

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM