Hi all
My first message to the bio fuels group, so I hope my ettiquette is OK. I
have a 1982 Peugeot 504 diesel which has had the seals replaced recently
with modern materials. We had a switch to low sulphur diesel which
resulted in claims for compensation which ended up as free rebuilds of the
injector pump!
I have a choice - make bio diesel (involves making a processing plant
outside car) or - use staight oil with double tank and heat exchanger
(works inside the car). It seem a bit unnecessary to preheat the tank with
all the costs, risks of long piperuns and leaks. Why not just make an
efficient heat exchanger to bring the oil up to engine coolant temperature
in front of the firewall. It means you can have a large tank since the
whole volume doesn't have to be preheated before you change to straight
oil.

My question - has anyone converted a Peugeot 504? to what system? and how
has it been in terms of problems and reliability? Any other comments
welcome.

Richard Swinton

"Steve Spence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
15/11/2002 12:08