On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 04:22 pm, murdoch wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:36:29 -0600, you wrote:
> > I was looking at the one year chart on
> > Light Sweet Crude Oil Apr 2003 (NYMEX:CLJ3)
> > http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYMEX_CLJ3&v=d12
> > with a report below chart.
> >
> > Quite a steep drop the past few days.
> > Basically gone from $38 barrel to $30
>
> I think it's more or less analagous to what happened in the first Gulf
> War.  Once the uncertainty was removed, the price dropped.  I don't
> know what would make it go back up, because you have a lot of push
> behind that drop.  The "spiggots" have been open for some days or
> weeks now.  However, a destruction of the oil fields I suppose could
> make things interesting oil-price-wise.

so are we caught between a rock and a hard place here? if oil prices go up,
biodiesel becomes viable. but the economy goes bad.  Prices go down,
biodiesel remains the domain of a few religious zealots...

personally I'd like to see tripple ledger accounting enacted in teh energy
industry...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM