As someone else said 10% would be fine. Don't bother buying anything
higher than 87 octane if you add the ethanol, the ethanol will raise the
octane a couple points. You may want to consider adding some "dry gas"
if you mix the gasoline with ethanol. Water will cause problems with the
mixture.

Jack Kenworthy wrote:

>can anyone tell me the maximum amount of ethanol that you can blend with
>gasoline and burn in an unmodified gasoline engine?  I have a 55 gall drum of
>ethanol lying around that I can't make biodiesel with and I am looking for a
>suitable use.  thanks.
>jk
>Jack Kenworthy
>Sustainable Systems Director
>The Cape Eleuthera Island School
>242-359-7625 ph. 954-252-2224 fax
>www.islandschool.org

>Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
>
>Biofuels list archives:
>http://archive.nnytech.net/
>
>Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
>To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
Martin Klingensmith
http://nnytech.net/
http://infoarchive.net/

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM