On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:34 am, girl_mark_fire wrote:
> Calif. does have the most expensive fuel prices (petroleum, not just
> biodiesel) in the US- and that's not necessarily the fault of taxes-
> just fuel sellers taking advantage of their random and corporate
> right to charge people whatever the hell they want. We're looking at
> $2.19 minimum for 89 octane gasoline at the moment, much higher for
> higher octane stuff. World Energy biodiesel is $3.40 a gallon in SF.
>
> oh well. Doesn't affect me- my biodiesel still costs 43 cents a
> gallon.
>
> thanks for the clarifications on your tax situation!

still seems to me that the problem is that this is just not a high enough cost
for oil... given that the co.s that produce it will never have to pay for
cleaning up the damage it is doing to the planet...

so biodiesel at 43c/gallon is cheap not just because it is less cost, but
because there is no associated damage to the wrold as a result of using it
(other than a bit of heat polution... - and neglecting the cost of making
cars... and the fact that in general we use way more stuff than we relly
need. OK, maybe not a stirling example, but still, a darn sight better than
petrodiesel...)

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM