Todd, many years ago I was working in a small tofu production facility, we had
a device to press the cooked, ground soybean slurry, to separate the solids
from the liquids, to make soy milk, and then into tofu. It
was an upright hydraulic press with a 24 inch diameter tub, about 30 inches
high, with a drain at the bottom. The plunger was a solid plate fitted to the
ram end of the hydraulic cylinder that would fit just inside
the tub. The solids were placed in a fine mesh nylon bag. It worked very well.
I believe it would work for the problem you state. I've seen similar equipment
for making apple cider.

For those with tractor hydraulics available, you could use the hydraulic pump
off the tractor. Save some money not buying a pump and power source.

For smaller scale biodiesel production possibly the same type setup, but with a
long lever instead of the hydraulic cylinder. A heavy weight could be placed on
the end of the lever and left there for a period of
time. Or, another thought...a frame for pressing as described above, but using
a tractor hylift jack instead of the hydaulics of the lever.

Just some thoughts.

Chris Amar

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM