On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 01:03 pm, Appal Energy wrote:
> Maybe if the boob tube generation weren't glued to their sets, there
> wouldn't be such a frenzy to feed them.
>
> If you're one of those watching, then they're playing to you.
>
> Now which is more obscene? Don't the viewers have any feelings for the
> victims?
>
> Couldn't they just read the paper or get the synopsis off NPR? What is it
> that possesses them to lose themselves in everything from tradgedy in the
> making to farce for hours at a time?
>
> Todd Swearingen
>
> "Fight Prime Time. Read a Book."
> (or a newspaper)

hehehe... "Work, Consume, Die!"

see, that is what it is all about, the global media armchair live conflict
game - reality TV come full circle.

nothing to do with war or terrorism or oil. it is the media driving the whole
shebang... (tongue firmly in cheek - er. looking back on it, it may come
across that I am having a scarcastic go at Todd - not my intent, OK... merely
exposing another line of thought...)

has anyone see a movie from a few years back, the Second Civil War? funny!
harsh! Like Micheal Moore on a good day.

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM