>Do not confuse with methane hydrate, vast deposits of methane complexed >with
>ice which may be released if global warming warms up alaska/siberia >etc
>sufficiently :-(

I have been a supporter of global warming, and wish it was happening.  It is
just too darn cold here.   Our pitiful politicians have blathered on about
"global warming" ever since Dr David Suzuki attended the founding conference in
Saudi Arabia.  Like most of their other promises it all turns out to be so much
"hot air".  I said at the time, "They should have met in Winnipeg, and
discoverd global cooling".   Now that we have experienced one of the coldest
winters on record, the political scam has been changed from "global warming" to
"Climate Change".  At least they quit blathering on about glaciers melting and
the rising waters causing "islands sinking in the Pacific", (which was a rather
obvious lie.)  They can be pretty sure on this "climate change" one because
climates do change, both short term and long term, to some degree.  There are
cycles of drought, heavy rain, heat and cold, wind and calm--generally called
"weather".

Proponents of the "global warming" theory will be ready to jump me on this one,
but before they do, they should visit the site of the oldest bench mark of
water levels at http://www.vision.net.au/~daly/deadisle/index.htm to see if the
water level is up.

EdB