Hi all,

Paging Melbournians;

I saw again today the "100% Ethanol bus" this morning - Ventura Bus
I was wondering is nyone knew where they got their fuel from (the supplier)
and what is the concentration? A contact number would be good :-) (It is too
late in teh day to call... I am a bit too busy to do so for a day or 2
anyway..)

the implecation from the bus is that the ethanol comes from renuable
biological sources, not petrochemicals....

would be great to get a steady supply of ecologically sound ethanol for BD
production locally...

BTW, has anyone thought of looking into transetherification - using acetone?
or any of a number of trans- chemistry?

On a similar note: How is petro oil cracked into lighter fractions? Pyrolosis?
catalyst? why not do the same in milder form to winterise BD? heck, do it
carefully enough and you could produce any fuel you want, right down to
petrol...

(and before anyone points it out, yes I suspect all this is well beyond the
scope of a backyard bucket chemistry adventure - but I can dream! :-) )

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures

DVD Rentals with No Late Fees - Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ZKLNcC/pEZFAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM