sounds like the right tool for the wrong job to me...

On the other hand, perhaps I don't clearly understand the problem.  I gather
the index gives you section and subsection etc. as a return on a given
keyword.  is the pdf not bookmarked in sections?  I can see no reason, given
the number of ways information can be referenced in pdf's, why there should
be a problem. Ofcourse, if the people who created teh pdfs don't know what
they are doing wrt bookmarks, etc, then there might be an issue...

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 01:04 am, bratt wrote:
> Paul:
>
> I thought the "P" would stand for "Pitiful" or "Pathetic"
>
> The material I was working  with (or trying to) were Government Acts,
> running over 300 pages each.  Naturally, Government Acts of Law are indexed
> according to the sections of the Act, not pages.
>
>   To index those Sections to page numbers s of PDF you would have to
> separate the Sections of the Act to fit them one to a page, or have a page
> re-numbering feature in PDF, which it does not have.
>
> Besides that, PDF is slow to load, slow to downpage.  I have had instances
> where the largest printout had unreadable text.  I mailed the printout to
> the publisher and requested a "paper version" that I could read.
>
>   I  am not creating this Government Act creature, just trying to read what
> was published in PDF, which is an application totally unsuited to this ever
> popular antiquated data file system.
>
> On the upside, "It is free, but worth that price"
>
> Ed

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM