On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 06:15 am, Ken Basterfield wrote:
> Hakan, I do hope you are not about to downplay the prospect of the US
> invading the UK, Daphne du Maurier would turn in her grave.
> I still have hopes that we would roll over and take the proferred
> reparations that the US will rain on us after we surrender.
> We certainly need it!
> Old people desperately needing care, a mininal state pension that is
> destined to decline into nothing, no public housing programme, education in
> crisis, medical services so strained that we have to send our people to
> France so they can get their operations done, public transport in chaos and
> Tony Blair ventures our miserable remaining wealth on sorting out the
> politics of other tyrants.
> Ken

It always remains a mystery to me how we can engineer a political system that
can take a sufficiently long term view (generational or longer) so that
issues like (to take a single issue as example here) overaging of a
population do not become a insurmountable issue.

<southpark mode>
"Blame Canada!"
</Cartman>

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM