On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 09:27  AM, intern99772003 wrote:

> The recipe seems clear on titrating:  10 ml isopropyl alcohol to 1 ml
> WVO.  1 ml is a VERY small amount.  Is it the ratio that is important
> or is it important to use only those exact amounts? (i.e. if I double
> the amount but keep the ratio the same and then half the amount added
> to the batch of WVO, would that work as well?

The amount of isopropanol is not important. The 1 ml of oil IS important
to be accurate. One step I've started doing is titrating the alcohol all
by itself (prior to adding the oil) with NaOH solution til you just get
pink. Sometimes that can take a half-ml of NaOH soln., especially
with old isopropanol.  -K

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM