Hi all,
somewhat OT for biofuels, but alt. energy-ish, so I figured people here would
know where to start...

I am considering putting in a tlephone and data relay point on a remote
property, where little power is available...  I want to calculate both how
much battery storage and how much solar power (panels) I need to ensure
(within reason) that the device will operate reasonably well.

I.e., given an energy budget, how much battery and panels does one need?

a typical energy budget would be... 80W peak load, 1W idle, average of 10W.
I can get info like sunlight hours for the area, etc.  What I need is
guidelines on assumptions that it si safe to make..

If anyone knows of such a site or information source, could they point me to
it?

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures

Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/FGYolB/TM