You will always make some soap when you make bio-B in the
one step process.  You can greatly reduce the amount of
soap that you make if you use the two step process.

Step one:  convert Free Fatty Acids to methyl esters at
low pH.

Step two: convert the oil to methyl esters at high pH.

Free Fatty acids are brake down products of oil from heat
or biological activity.  So fresh oil that has not been
heated will have low amounts of Free fatty acids.  But the
two step process will allow one to make bio-d from oil that
has alot of Free fatty acids and reduce that formation of soaps.

Basicly the two step process allows one to use less lye which
makes less soaps but still allows for the convertion to methyl
esters.

The big jelly blob are due to soaps.

Check the archive for recipes the 1 step and 2 step recipes
are there.