From: robert luis rabello [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 4 July 2003 11:24 AM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Ethanol fuel engine alterations

Chicago Medi-Transit wrote:

> I am looking for information that can provide me with
> difficulty or simplicity of converting a 2002 Ford
> E250 v6 engine to run on ethanol fuel. Information
> that I have discovered on the major auto makers
> websites are indirectly discouraging conversions
> expressing the difficulty. So I am seeking thoughts
> and suggestions from the group. Journey to Forever
> site briefly explains in one paragraph some minor
> changes. So if there is anyone that can assist me, it
> would be greatly appreciated.

    Check out this link:

            http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html

    You should be able to run an EFI system using a high pressure fuel pump
and
this kind of adjustable, computerized injection control.  Look into the 30#
fuel
injectors the guys running turbo and supercharged Mustangs are installing,
and
while you're at it, consider "abnormal aspiration" to enable maximum
efficiency
from the higher octane ethanol.

    Fuel injection should enable you to run lower "proof" ethanol.  There is
not
a lot of information available for those of us with fuel injected engines,
but
from what I understand, high pressure fuel injection essentially eliminates
the
cold starting problems that plague carbureted engines.

    Other than that, you can look into the E 85 "flexi fuel" engines
available
from Ford.  (You may even own one already!)  You would need to mix pure
ethanol
(no water) with 15% gasoline, but this would require NO engine modifications
whatsoever--the onboard computer will sense the specific gravity of the fuel
and
do its magic on your behalf.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/9782

Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM