I'm going to install the Oil Mate on my '96 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins
and wanted to know if anyone else had installation
suggestions.....Such as where to locate the oil reservoir.

For those not familiar with the system the following is from their
website:
Oil Mateś is an advanced oil management system for diesel engines
that significantly extends oil change intervals and filter life in
order to decrease downtime and lengthen an engine's life span. It is
an automatic oil exchange system for any diesel engine - it changes
oil while the engine is running!

The Oil Mateś system removes a small amount of used engine oil and
blends it with diesel fuel to be burned during combustion. The used
oil is then replaced with an equal amount of fresh oil from a make-
up tank, extending oil and filter use. Oil Mateś outperforms every
competitor on the market and operates within emissions guidelines.

Oil Mateś does not affect the engine's flow or pressure. It is not a
replacement for the filtration system - it improves and works in
conjunction with the system.

The Oil Mateś System can be used on any diesel engine application.
It is especially useful in areas where engines are not easily
accessible, are constantly running, or where there is a significant
need for cost savings and decreased engine downtime.

I am converting my Dodge to have multi-fuel capability from a single
fuel tank, running primarly on Waste Vegetable Oil and or
diesel....From what I've read WVO tends to thicken the lubricating
oil.....The Oil Mate is one attempt to prevent this from
occuring....In addition to the Oil Mate I will use a Bypass filter
to further clean the engine oil.....I could change oil more
frequently......Collecting and refining WVO is enough of an added
burden to my already crowded schedule.....My goal is to further the
body of knowledge on multi-fuel engines.....Fortunately I have the
funds to afford such an expensive system.....My hope is one day we
can purchase multi-fuel compression ignition (diesels) vehicles off
a showroom floor.

Any feedback or experience with the Oil Mate system operation or
installation is appreciated.

Geoff Parker
St. Helens, Oregon

To visit your group on the web, go to: