>Also gives cause to wonder what type of catastrophe has to happen to get the
>solar collectors reinstalled that Reagan ripped off the roof of the White
>House.

That jogged a memory.  Looking into it, they didn't re-install them on the White
House Itself, but rather on a nearby-building, on the grounds.

http://www.enn.com/news/enn-stories/2003/01/01222003/s_49387.asp

http://www.ofee.gov/whats/whsolar.htm

I don't have a recollection of what the aesthetic (or security) issues may have
been when the panels were on the White House itself.  I'm glad they're on the
grounds, in any event.

Since these articles mention some solar thermal installation as well as solar
photovoltaic, I wonder to what extent hot water in the white house itself is
heated with solar energy.

To visit your group on the web, go to: