  From: murdoch
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; Bill Moore
  Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 4:51 PM
  Subject: [biofuel] Still, not a word on improving net metering from the
powers that be....

  http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040109/utilities_transmission_1.html

  I keep thinking that someday even the presently-in-place governmental
  executives and legislators and administrators must *mention* the issue
  of improving net metering nationwide, as an important step in
  improving national energy policy, reducing US dependence on imports,
  improving homeowners' ability to provide for themselves, improving car
  owners' ability to generate energy for their own use, etc.

  But while FERC and other governmental bodies seem willing to go to the
  mat about all manner of relatively obscure issues, (see the enclosed
  story, just as an example), I don't hear or see much (any?) mention of
  net metering.

  Then, here or there, I meet this or that person still struggling with
  their local utility.

  If I'm not mistaken we even had a recent contribution from South
  Carolina that mentioned a utility's response that nobody had installed
  solar in their area and there wasn't much hope for arriving at a
  reasonable net metering agreement (I'll have to go back and look).

  So, for my money, we continue to have areas which demark major
  deficiencies in US federal and State policies, whose hallmark is in
  part the total blackout on mentioning them that comes from government
  officials.  My view has been that it is these unmentioned areas are
  some of the most important battle areas, that the lack of mention of
  them is a conscious and deliberate attempt to keep them obscure and
  unfixed for as long as possible, and that run-of-the-mill internet
  criticism of US government is misguided when it focuses on only those
  areas that are already mentioned and dealt with in typical daily news
  and policy.  It is the un-mentioned and undealt-with that I think are
  equally as important and in need of intelligent constructive
  criticism, if not more important.

  MM

To visit your group on the web, go to: