That might be your problem right there.  Think this is the second
time Ive seen it.  Methanol is wood alchohol.  Menthol is a mint
flavoring.  I believe these 2 things are completely different!  Maybe
one of the veterans can correct me if im wrong here.

> menthol
> How much have you spent for the menthol per gal.

> ping

BTW,  Hello list!
Im new to all this, but it has caught my attention.  Ive been lurking
on the forum for about a week now.  Im also from Michigan... but as I
dont have a diesel (YET!) Bio-diesol is rather un-important to me.
But Ethenol additive for my gas....  A few questions...

On the journey to forever website it mentions Molecular Sieves
(mostly by Ken Provost.)  How effective are the sieves?  Enough that
combining the resulting ethenol and gasoline wont seperate or cause
problems due to high water content?

After the initial setup of the stand and destiller, how cost
effective is creating your own anhydrous ethenol?  And a breakdown of
costs...  such as it costs $X dollars of sugar or plant stock per
gallon... etc?

Also I havent been able to find any mention of the remaining "seed-
cakes"  from an oil press could be used as starting stock for
ethenol?  Can yeast process oil-type seeds?  What part is the yeast
processing?  The oils, or the remaining seed?  As I dont live on a
farm, and have no interest in eating seed-cakes if I was to process
my own oil for bio-diesel,  Id want to be the most efficient I could
be with purchasing supplies (from local farmers of course!).

Also, are there any Diesel-Electric hybrids (car or truck) out yet?
Or any plans on making such a machine?  Maybe even a kit?  (Wishful
thinking mostly, but hey, its possible!)

I know, lots o questions, and used search but the search feature or
the archives dont go back that far.

Thanks,

Andrew Buis

To visit your group on the web, go to: