<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Hello from a lurker.

When I was a bus driver years ago we were always told to put a few
gallons of petrol (gasoline) in the bus fuel tank a few miles from
where we were stopping in order to keep the fuel lines free and
prevent them from icing.

It always seemed to work but we noticed that they used to smoke more
than they did without the petrol.

We were specifically told not to put too much in as there could be
the possibility of water contamination in the fuel. Not sure why -
this chemistry thing is way over my head.

Not sure if any of this is relevant but I thought you might like to
know.

http://dh5eah.toxisch.net/download/dokus/gelbesheft69.pdf
> It's in German but that's not a problem as there are a couple of
graphs that say
> enough.(pages 78 and 82) It's  a 200 word + report on blending SVO
with
> Diesel, RME and - yes you've guessed   - PETROL. And guess what -
one of
> the graphs is the effect of blends on viscosity, the other on the
Flame Point.
> Turns out that a mere 2% petrol in veg oil drops the flamepoint
from 210 to
> around   60. 5% and it's below 40!
> I'm now adding a couple of litres of petrol per tank  to the
diesel/WVO blend
> - and the cold start problem is a thing of the past.
>  James

To visit your group on the web, go to: