<x-charset ISO-8859-1>
Hi all - Rather then reply to all the various questions from various
members of the various groups I've posted to,  RE:- the Lister
engine driven alternator project, I have decided to do a 'one covers
all' reply so heres a list of answers.

1  Mine is the 'little' one - it only weighs 333kg! it's a 3.5hp -
Lister's upped the power output by making it go 50rpm faster and by
a better design of combustion chamber.
2 Yes - I've seen the utterpower.com website - very good it is too,
all about building Lister driven generator stuff.
3 No - it does not run on Listerine!!!:-)) (actually it just might -
it will run on just about anything that won't damage the injector).
4 Whats a 'Lister' engine - look up 'Lister CS 3.5' on the 'net. CS
stands for 'cold start'. The 'CS' engine - the one I've got stands
about 3/5' tall, weights 333kg, and has two six spoke flywheels -
the standard layout of a tipical 'CS' and when running, will make
hardly any noise due to the massive cast iron waterjacket cylinder
head. The sound it does make you could listain to all day - tick
tock clickity clack! ..wonderfill!!
5 They come second hand at stuped prices - as little as ‚P00, I was
given mine as it has a few bits missing. I avdvertised for it
in 'Stationary Engine Magazine' see www.stationaryengine.com .
6 They last for ever! You'll be worn out before it is.
7 I may run it on waste veggy oil  - it's the ideal engine for such
an experement. Off load, it will run for about 5 days of 9 hours on
a gallon of fuel - actually a very efficient engine - especially
when set to 'high compression' mode.
8 Mine's the 3.5 hp single cylinder verson - as apposed to the 6 hp
single or the 10 hp twin.
9 It's a British Lister - not the one they now make in India. The
Indian engine - available from Utterpower.com -made under licence is
the same engine but alas it appears that the Indian market prefers
their engines to be finished in bright metallac floresent lime green!
10 it runs at 650 rpm - slower then your car on tick over - and
sounds just magic!
11 I hope to custom design an alternator into one of the flywheels
to produce about 1kW max - I'm an engineer/inventor, so I can do
this sort of thing (I hope!!).
12 I'm going to mount it all on a platform in a garden shed that I
can demount the sides to gain access, the base will be like an
elongated pallet so I can move it all around - I.e. on a trailer.
13 I'm going to use the waste heat from the engine to help heat the
house.
Hope that covers everything for now,
Clive :-))

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511