>In a message dated 02/05/2004 4:42:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>For whomever may be interested, as per Litebryte/Petromax last week, their
>multi-fuel lantern was tested on biodiesel back in 1999.
>
>Worked like a champ, erego their present advertising that Litebrite is
>biodiesel compatible.
>
>Todd Swearingen
>Thanks Todd,  It was me looking for something to try my new test batches of
>Bio in.  So if I understand what Petromax is, it is what I would
>call a pump up
>Coleman lantern.  The type with the little cloth bags that hold in the gas
>and burn real bright.  Then when you bump them while they are off
>the bag breaks
>and falls off.
>
>Rick M
>Brownstown, Mi.

The BriteLyt Petromax multi-fuel lantern works just fine on
biodiesel. "We are happy to report that the burn-time was over 8
hours, at the highest setting, and you did not have to re-pressurize
the lantern as often as you would using other fuel-types. The
performance was great, and the lantern was just as bright, and there
was NO SMELL. Using the product inside, we noticed no smell at all."
The lanterns also work with ethanol.
http://www.britelyt.com/
http://store.britelyt.com/
- from: Make your own biodiesel, Other uses
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#otheruse

You might also check this out - the Noorie lanern:

http://nariphaltan.virtualave.net/lantern.htm
Development Of Improvement Lanterns For Rural Areas

Best

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511