<x-charset ISO-8859-1>--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com,
> Could you do that, by checking the
> historical humidity, or dew point?
> Greg H.
>

> From: Jeff
> > I think that one of the bench marks of global
> > warming would be to see how much more water vapor
> > is in the air now, then 20 years ago. It would be
> > interesting to see at what altitudes the water vapor
> > is hanging out at. I feel certain if you calculate
> > the increase water vapor, and calculate how much
> > heat it is holding, you will see that global warming
> > is happening more then what people have thought
> > it was.

Greg and Jeff,

I think average annual and monthly dewpoint data can be used as an
indication of changes occurring in water vapor near the surface.
I remember reading about increasing upper level atmospheric water
vapor in an article that was posted to another group a couple years
ago.

I developed summaries of average dewpoints for 43 stations in the
Great Plains, Midwest and Great Lakes States for years 1948 - 2002.
My tables for average dewpoint can be found by clicking on 'Links'
from P&C discussion group, homepage URL:

After going to the homepage URL click on 'Links to get to the
directory of folders. Then click on the folder titled:

- - - Dewpoints, humidity, water vapor - - -

You may need to become a member of P&C to access Links in Folders.
It just takes a minute or two to become a member, no approval needed.
All members can add links.

FOLDERS
Air Temperatures, proxy (up to 1880)
Air temperatures, dewpoints (1880 current)
Antarctic
Arctic
Continental movements & distribution in time
Dewpoints, humidity, water vapor
- ... bookmarks and links -
- ... Snowmelt Runoff, Increasing Winter Dewpoints...
- ... Special Report–Temps&Dew Points,Great Lakes States
- ... Urban Heat Island Effect on Temperature Measuremnts
Effects on Climate, CO2
Effects on Climate, Other
Effects on Climate, Solar
Extinction: K-T or Cretaceous-Tertiary