<x-charset ISO-8859-1>Thanks for all the comments.

These were my thoughts, but wanted input from others.
On the the other board(I can't remember it's name) maybe
http://www.veggieavenger.com you know how it is...1am your bouncing
from link to link to link to link and now you can't remember how to
get home again.

This guy was making a thing he called a log replacer or something to
that effect.  He made a system that used a wick(s).  He did drip the
oil in to refill as it was burned.  I think he also used a wick on a
float.  The chamber was set up so that if the oil drip got away it
would fill up the chamber and snuff out the wick before it
overflowed to a outside tank.  He put the system in his fireplace
insert.  I do not know how hot this would get, but I guess if you
had several wicks going you might get some heat.

Oh.....and no I am not trying to impress my honey with a romantic
WVO lamp.....Don't think I would like the smell of McDonalds in my
living room.  She already thinks I'm crazy.