I'm flirting with the idea of doing a Biodiesel Homebrew Education tour
this summer. It's still in the 'whim' stage and Im not completely committed
to doing this- I might try and find a real job instead, or intensify my
search for a sailboat, or something similar that might take up my summer
instead or make it impossible to go. But I'm putting out feelers to see if
it's possible to organize a tour on this short notice.

What:
The tour would be me with a pickup truck full of homebrew equipment, and
possibly one or two of my Bay Area cohorts  showing up to some of the stops
as well.
  I can do anything from 2-hour intros to biodiesel for the general public,
to five-day Intensive trainings. The most common class I teach currently,
is a 7 or 8-hour comprehensive class. Most of the details of that class and
the syllabus were in another email I sent here a few days ago.  I
would  also be interested in taking my setup to festivals, demonstrations,
or fairs, with local people who are already doing biodiesel work. I've got
lots of literature and 'tabling' stuff for the general public.

How:
For a longer class, the deal would be:
you or your organization: find a location that can hold 10-30 people, with
indoor and outdoor areas (ie there's usually indoor lecture and 'lab' and
also outdoor full-scale equipment demo. Quite often this is just somebody's
back yard, driveway, or the parking lot of a business). I'd like to have
access to running water and 115V electric, though it could be done without
the grid electricity.

me: I've got all the equipment to do the classes, any literature needed,
and all the supplies including flyers and promotional material.

where:
I'm thinking of going to the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair in Wisconsin in
late June, and I am helping with a class at Solar Energy International in
the end of July. I'm also considering going to Tucson or further
(Albuquerque) in late spring as well, as a separate trip. If I do this tour
I will also go 'home' to North Carolina for a few weeks at the end of the
summer. These places are all over the map and one of these stops lend
themselves well to a logical itinerary.

so: let me know offlist if you've got an interest in organizing a stop if I
can come to your area, or if there are interesting events that I could
'table' at or otherwise promote biodiesel at (if I do decide to go on tour,
that is).
my address is wrench at tinkersworkshop dot org

I am also very much interested in meeting people who are actively forming
small commercial biodiesel production businesses, to talk about small
producer EPA options and small producer technologies.

Thanks!
mark

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511