Darryl:

I thought this response you put forth came out nicely and that
Martin's made sense too.  You put some work into it, and I'm going to
forward to the evworld.com group.  I don't mind that some folks
disagree, but I just don't react well to worthwhile ideas being
dismissed wholesale without any real honest consideration.  I can't
field a response as good as the one you gave.

An offbeat aside: while fans of faster EVs may look down their nose at
most of the NEV efforts as having been obviously partly a sham put on
by the car companies to get out of building faster EVs, when I spoke
to a GEM rep at EVS20, it became clear that they were saying things
were going quite well, and they were looking at modifying and
improving things, and maybe leaving the door open for faster vehicles
in the future.

Their sales are not so paltry.... evidently a few thousand per year is
enough for them to be in the black or claim to be near it, and so a
few thousand more GEM EVs are (I guess) hitting the roads in the
States each year.  Maybe not what we had in mind when we were wowed by
an EV1 or a RAV4 EV, but many are in the hands of satisfied customers
nonetheless.

MM

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511