I think we've talked about this before. I am skeptical of the value of
this comparison. For example, in 27 grams of aluminum, there are
~~600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms. Interesting to know, but only
useful to a scientist/engineer.
        In the biomass -> gasoline comparison, they say that burning that
gallon releases 20 pounds of carbon dioxide. What about the other
several tons of matter? Well it was lost at some point in decomposition.
It's just a 'wow' factor, just to say how inefficient our energy source
is. It is farily misleading and useless. It could also make the
uninformed person think that growing any sort of crop for fuel is idiotic.
Martin Klingensmith
http://infoarchive.net/
http://nnytech.net/