It was not Danida but SNV  (BSP-SNV) Netherlands Development Organisation in
Nepal
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Olivier Morf
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 3:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] Biogas was Rejoining list with a question

  Kim, I can have a look at what I can find here in Nepal. Here in Nepal they
have build a number of Biogaz plant. I can't remember the statistics but is
several 1000 of them.

  I have drawing on how to build one as well as what and how to feed, somewhere
I can probably dig from my pile of documents. But they are basic digester used
to produce gaz usually for cooking. The idea being the villagers do not have to
go far for wood, (deforestation), and they get less poisonned then using
Karozene cooker.

  The projects here was supported by Dannida (a Danish agency).

  I'll look and when found I contact you, maybe someone else in the mean time
will have those info handy.

  Olivier