Does anyone know why the vehicles listed on the JTF website under "Do diesels
have a future?" http://www.journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_future.html aren't
available in the USA?  I have looked at them numerous times now, and if those
vehicles are getting 70 to 240 MPG why aren't they being sold.

The Audi A2 that gets 78 MPG, four door, could haul the family, would be
perfect for thousands of Americans (which isn't available in the US).  But
instead they drive their Suberbans, Explorers, Blazers, vehicles that can
barely break 20 MPG most times.

Would it be possible to import such a vehicle from Europe into the US?  Or
would all the customs, and other gov't red tape put a hold on it?

It seems odd to me why that vehicle, and others wouldn't be on the US market
right now, with fuel prices going thru the roof right now.

Thanks for any response or info on importing vehicles

Brett

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511