Hi
I've been wrestling with this one for a while and I don't see an easy
answer.
I think:
        a vacuum pump is not what you need,  your condenser needs to empty
into a well, and since this needs to be a closed system so the alcohol
doesent go evaporating off into the atmosphere.  You need to maintain a
level in the well with a positive displacement pump that is driven by a
control circuit which maintains a prescribed Temperature/vacuum
pressure at the top of the reactor/condenser,

Fred

On Sunday, May 2, 2004, at 17:26 US/Eastern, Tan wrote:

> Can anyone give me an opinion about this?
>
> Would a vacuum pump from a car (the vacuum pump attached to the
> alternator
> and the breaks' master cylinder) do for alcohol recovery?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

> ---------------------~-->
> Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
> Canada.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FGYolB/TM

> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Yahoo! Groups Links

"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511