Orrrrr, you can check out Prolab Scientific 1-800-556-5226 and ask
for Mark Malone. He is my contact in Montreal and I am dealing with
him for larger quantities of both Sodium Hydroxide and Potassium
Hydroxide.Orrr you can email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and get a
catalogue. They have all kinds of chemical/scientific stuff (PH
meters, vials, pipettes ect...)as well as the gamut of chemicals
including sulfuric acid should you decide to go the two stage method
in future.
One reason you may be having trouble finding "lye" is that it goes
under a bunch of different names and the one you are searching for
is unfamiliar to that area.

Potassium Hydroxide and it's synonyms:
http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/PO/potassium_hydroxide.html
Sodium Hydroxide and it's synonyms:
http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/SO/sodium_hydroxide.html
I aslo had trouble getting it and that is why I ended up at Prolab
and Mark has been VERY helpful, knows what I want it for and seems
genuinely interested(curious).

Hope this helps.

Luc

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "hamiltonjohndavid"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> Finding lye in Canada can be a pain. I finally tracked a good
source down at
> Home Hardware here on the east coast. Gillette's Lye is available
in small
> bottles at HH and is expensive. HH has their own brand called Home
Lye

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511