All:

As you may know, on Memorial Day weekend the first Hollywood blockbuster
about climate change will open at theaters worldwide.

The film is certainly science fiction, but as we know all-too-well, the
threats of global warming are in fact very real.

This is a great opportunity for us to reach tens thousands of the
ÒunconvertedÓ and raise some public awareness about the dangers of our oil
addiction.

Below you will find a call to action from Global Exchange and Rainforest
Action Network urging folks to hand out leaflets at the film screenings.
Hopefully some of you will want to join us in educating movie goers.

Please send the alert far and wide to other people who you will would be
interested in leafleting at the movies.

Thanks!!

Jason Mark
Clean Car Campaigner
Global Exchange

Two Thumbs Down for Climate Destruction

Go to the Movies to Stop Global Warming
Hollywood Science Fiction a Great Chance to Spread the Facts About Global
Warming

When: Friday, May 28 Ð  Monday, May 31 (or longer)

Where: At Your Local Movie Theater

What: Distribute Leaflets About the Realities of Climate Chaos and Spur
People to Action

Why: On Friday, May 28 the blockbuster climate disaster movie ÒThe Day After
TomorrowÓ will open in theaters around the world. This is the first major
studio film to address the issue of human-driven climate change, and
therefore offers an unprecedented opportunity to reach people who are
unaware of the threats posed by global warming.

By adopting a theater and passing out eye-catching postcards to movie goers,
you can help educate thousands of Americans about the realities of global
warming and give them ways to contribute to positive change.

>From coast to coast we need your help to distribute flyers, get petition
signatures, and give moviegoers an opportunity to take action. In addition,
we can help you organize after-movie parties and discussion groups the
opening week of the film.

Although it may take a Hollywood-style weather disaster to spur public
concern over climate change, we can use this as a chance to build the
movement for a sustainable economy.

Already government officials are trying to shut down dialogue.  On April 1,
NASA employees were sent e-mail message by the agencyÕs top press officer
that said, "No one from NASA is to do interviews or otherwise comment on
anything having to do with [the film]."

We will not be silent. With your help we will spread the word across the
country that the impacts of climate change are already wreaking havoc on
ecosystems and human communities across the planet, endangering our
security, our economy and our health.

This does not have to be a ton of workÑbut it can be a ton of fun. ItÕs as
easy as getting three or four friends together to go see the film, and then
before and after the screening passing out postcards to your fellow movie
goers as they enter or leave the auditorium.

Please join us today. You can start by filling out the action form below and
then returning it to:

¥ Jason Mark, Global Exchange, [EMAIL PROTECTED] or 415-558-9490
OR

¥ Tara Wolfson, Rainforest Action Newtork, [EMAIL PROTECTED] or 415.398.4404

For more information, please visit: http://www.jumpstartford.com

Thank you for your efforts to create a truly sustainable economy!

YES! I want to help spread the truth about global warming at ÒThe Day After
TomorrowÓ screenings.

Name:
Phone:
Address: