> While I realized that this is not the best place for a benz question,
> Hi,
Don't know much about the Benz diesels in particular, but I know some guys
who do.  Look for an interactive forum for Mercedes Benz owners.  there
you'll find a guy named Tim, who goes by the handle "The Warden" who is a
memeber on the Ford diesel site too, and he's a Benz expert, but he's just
one of many over there.  Don't panic.  It's almost certainly still a good
engine and driveline.  In any diesel I know anything about, that would be
a fuel starvation problem, and is caused by fuel pump failure, injection
pump failure, injector failure, or a resriction in the fuel system or air
intake.  Good luck, I know you'll run this one down quick.